Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Packing

Visa: Check
Hotel Reservation: Check

I received my placement and I am going to St. Francis Demonstrative Primary School. The headmaster, Linda, would like me to help with some of the children they believe have learning disabilities. They are also going to have me help out at two of the Orphanages.

So, because I am going to be a teacher, I have to dress the part which means- my knees can't show, no jean capris (which I bought two new pair of) and I must wear close toes shoes. In 103 degree weather, I have to wear close toed shoes. I have started to lay everything out so I know what I have. Thus far I think I am good to go.

Any suggestions?

Also- I know that it is a short walk from out Home Base in Hohoe to the internet cafe in town- so I am going to try to post two to three times a week about what is going on.

Oh- one more thing. I am going to have an international phone while I am over there. HOWEVER: please note it will cost my 2.10 per minute every time you call me and leave me a voice mail or call to chat. So, unless it is of utmost importance- text or email would be my preferred way of communication.

Here is a video of a girl who did just what I'll be doing. It put my parents at ease after they saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l4OCmz3w_k

1 comment:

  1. Hanging out with Tara, Jimmy and Jamie in my office. This is Tara's "packing room". I am trying not cry. My heart is full.

    ReplyDelete